Saturday 12 February 2011

Saturday Afternoon

I love taking photos. But I often only remember to take my camera out on special occasions, for activities we have set up and holidays. So I am challenging myself to take more photos of the everyday. These moments are often even more special then those fancy and planned for occasions. I want to remember the little things that make me feel at peace and happy. 

So here are some pictures from our Saturday afternoon. Nothing special but it felt just right. After a morning of cleaning, Artie and I watched Adam mow the lawn; watched some old Sesame Street songs on the laptop; admired the light in the late afternoon; read some books; rearranged a shelf; had a quick dip in the pool; then headed out for dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. Our little family walked the streets as it got dark and felt happy to be outside as it finally cooled down. 

Perfectly ordinary in every way. 





1 comment:

Ben and Corinne said...

These photos are awesome- I love photos that tell stories of a day like this. I love your new mower too :)