Monday 29 June 2009

handmade toys


baby activity gym. I saw some wooden play gyms like these that I loved but they were all quite pricey. The solution? Take 1 good friend who teaches woodwork and is willing to spend free class time making up a frame for me. Add a little bit of op-shopping for some wooden toys. Finish off by reusing some wooden beads and the ribbon that baby presents have come wrapped in. And all this equals an excellent and very nice looking baby gym.

Then I just add our lovely big sheepskin that we bought in New Zealand and a few little toys and we have a great baby play area. I might look for a little baby friendly mirror to tie to one of the legs next.


And while I am posting I have to add this for the avid pony collector in the family, Mum. In my new issue of Frankie there is an article with a Finnish artist who customises My Little Ponies into pop culture icons. `
The artists name is Mari Kasurinen and you can see her ponies here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW. Those ponies are really special. I love your little baby gym too.

Amber said...

This is so great! What a clever solution. Your baby will love this, first just to gaze at and later to bat around and play with.

Anderson said...

I just came across your blog and I absolutely LOVE your baby gym! I want to try to make one myself and was wondering if you might be able to tell me what kind of wood you used. It is so beautiful!