Monday 29 June 2009

38 weeks


38 weeks pregnant. Feeling much bigger then 6 weeks ago. I don't think the photo does the size of the bump justice...it feels a lot bigger then it looks in this photo
:: Still feeling that I have had quite an easy pregnancy and thankful for that. 
:: Only had a couple of sleepless nights recently. A combination of a yucky cold and a big belly resulted in these restless nights. 
:: Have had two really good night sleeps since and feel like a new person. 
:: Baby is facing down in the right position and I am having quite a few pre-labour contractions. So far so good. 
::Baby is stilling moving around a lot and jabbing its little foot into my side.

I had a fun time at a little baby party thrown by some good friends on friday night. It was a very eclectic mix of people; from 20 year old girls who baked cupcakes, and sewed sock monkeys, to 60 year old men who brought the home brew (non-alcoholic ginger beer for me!). We got lots of cute outfits given to us which was very sweet. We also got this lovely present on our doorstep today from aunty-to-be Stacey. It is a very cute nappy cake. We feel very lucky to have so many special and thoughtful people thinking of us and the bump. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I really like your belly pics! I remember I loved taking pics of my big tummy asweel when I was pregnant. A great memory idea is making a poster about your belly story in your little baby room. Have you thought about names? I took ages to choose mine (Marlow) and after several reserch online I vote http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ as the best venue. Jo

Ben and Corinne said...

Ooooo, the bump is definitely getting bigger!! I can't wait to see what comes out! C xxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds as though you had a lot of fun. I love Stacey's nappy cake. What a great idea!