Sunday 2 March 2008

Moved

Well we are alive and well and moved. There were a few Internet connection related hassles but here we are safe and sound and connected! Our little apartment is taking shape. This is the top of our kitchen cupboard. We needed to buy some furniture for storage as soon as we moved in. We definitely downgraded in size with the move, so a quick trip to Ikea was in order. This means that I have room to display some of my favourite treasures in the kitchen. Two artworks one gifted to me from my husband and the other from my mother, a cute baby photo of my sweet husband, two wooden boxes I have had for years, and a little mouse tin I have had for even longer, and a few other favourite bits and pieces.


Moving this close to the beach we have definitely been keeping our new years resolution. There have been lots of afternoon swims and walks and weekends of playing. I will have to apologise in advance for the hundreds of beach photos that are bound to make an appearance on here throughout the year.


Yesterday we went on a three hour walk. Yes, you read this right, THREE hours! It was quite by accident. One of those walks where you just want to keep going and exploring and forget how long you have been and your sunscreen and water.Oops. But we did do some great exploring and see some wonderful sights.




And while we are on the subject of our new neighbourhood say hello to our new neighbours who are always happy to have you visit them with some of your leftovers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Denise. Glad to have you back on line. I like your collection of favorite things. xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back on line, Nise. It's great to hear your news, terrific that you have employment so close to home this time! Love Lal x