Saturday 14 April 2007

A week in Queensland

My wedding dress is in the progress of being made. I had a few days in Queensland, a few jam-packed days in Queensland, and as a result I have beautiful material and a dressmaker in a country town. But that is all I will say, some things have got to be a surprise! I was also able to catch up with all the people I have been missing.

A nice week to have before I have to get back into the habit of actually working. That's right on Monday I will be finding a new rhythm and Adam and I will be working out a new daily routine. I finally get to start the second year of my teaching profession. I am excited and nervous...and am going in with a positive and confident attitude. You know what they say: believe you can do it and you will succeed, have a positive attitude and you will be happy (lets see how long that idea lasts).

On another note, check out this artist. His music is so bright and pop'y...it is enough to make anyone have a bright attitude. I will be listening to it on the way to my first day, or maybe just a part of the hour and 10 minute drive. I love, love the illustrations and website, very nice indeed.


And since this post is all over the place (yes, I am feeling a little scatter brained today) and I don't want to leave you without any pictures, here are some shots of the walk Adam and I took just before I left for Queensland. you've got to love a beach with city skyline! And the beach boxes, Ack, too cute. Some had their doors open and they actually have them all done up like little homes, including portable stoves. And here Adam and I were thinking people actually stored equipment in them. Have a great weekend, I am off to plan some classes (here's hoping I have a less scattered approach to planning).

1 comment:

Ben and Corinne said...

Hey Nise,
I love Mika too. I've been listening to that song non-stop since Ben downloaded it for me!