Friday 6 April 2007

This one's for Jess

So I had a blog request from Jess for a special Kath and Kim post. I was all to happy to oblige!

In case you don't know (because you have been living under a rock, or perhaps just not in Australia) Kath and Kim is the funniest and best show ever written. I can watch it over and over again, and sometimes just have it on in the background because it is so comforting, and I know Jess feels the same way. All the characters are awesome, and Kel Knight is just the most perfect and doting, hunk-a-spunk, husband...hint, hint Adam ;)

Anyway, the reason for the post is that I have moved to the same area that Kath and Kim hang out in. Yes, I was extremely excited to find this out. And as Jess said it would "team with the thoime" of showing photos from outside my new life perfectly.

My Kath and Kim pilgrimage, (the still images are from Da Kath and Kim Code written by Jane Turner and Gina Riley and produced Jane Turner, Gina Riley and Rick McKenna) Click on the pictures if you want to see more detail.

Here is the oustide of Southland (5 minute drive from my home) aka Fountain Gate. Where Kath and Kim like to hang out, eat, shop and buy sticky tape from Target.


This is the Harvey Norman which I am quite sure is Bret's Computa City. Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I forgot it was school holidays so the shopping centre was packed. I felt like a bit of a goober taking photos of shop fronts!


Here is the food court where Kath and Kim eat. Yes, I have eaten here too, many times...how exciting.


And I finally worked out that Prue and Trude work in this House shop. Which was grayshsh!

And lastly as I drive home from Southland aka Fountain Gate I pass the Buckingham! Yes the place with the good shower pressure and the place that inspired Kel's song "making love on the ensuite floor"

So Jess I hope you enjoyed this Kath and Kim pilgrimage. I am obviously quite excited to live near here (you might be able to tell from generous ammount of exclamation marks throughout the post !) Sorry if you are not a Kath and Kim fan, although I can't understand why you aren't! Have a wonderful and relaxing Easter.

3 comments:

Jess said...

THANK YOU!!! What a noice, different, unyewsual journey. I wonder if any of the shop people thought you should MYOB ploise? Good spotting for all those places! Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

What can I say..thats 'graysh' Nise!
Im beside myself with jealousy...;)

Very Noice x
Sian

Anonymous said...

Very noice, you lucky duck :-> It's like being a part the whole thing - maybe you will run into them, preferably at the Buckingham. XXX