Wednesday 28 July 2010

The First Birthday Party Decorations

Arthur turned one last friday, so we had a little party on Sunday to celebrate. I forgot to take many photos (well not so much forgot as was busy doing other stuff, like cooking and chatting and blowing bubbles!) but I did manage to snap a few of the decorations I made. 


The first thing I made was this birthday banner. I wanted decorations that we could reuse every year, and start a new family tradition with.  I love it and hope that in two decades it will be still be going strong and strung up at a 21st! 
I whipped up some pom-poms and strung them across the family room. These are still up and Arthur loves to touch them and point at them. 
I also made these little, very easy flags. Using the overlocker and eyelets. They can be moved around on the string to suit where they are hung. 
All the sewing, meant there was a lot of fabric scraps left on the ground. So in the spirit of an environmentally friendly party, I picked them up and tied them to some string, and; 

Tada! Homemade streamers
So there you have it. Some decorations that we can store away and use again and again. I am sure Artie will forgot that we got him a xylophone or any of the other presents, but I hope that he remembers for years and years the love that went in to all the home made preparations. 

Artie has been asking to be picked up for a closer look at the decorations A LOT. With a face like that how can I resist!


2 comments:

Ben and Corinne said...

That's so cool Nise- good work! I want some pictures of the birthday boy too please:) C

Anonymous said...

A lovely lot of work and fun,'Nise. It all looked so good. We had a great day.