Friday 1 April 2011

messy art

Recently Mum and I were talking about making art with little ones and how best to organise these encounters. We decided that really is no easy answer, or perfect solution, except to remember that creating art is messy. Arthur likes the mess. He likes experimenting with paint- on paper, on wood, in his hair,  on his tummy and feet, on the walls. So while we do set out rules and we reinforce (over and over again) we do definitely not paint on the furniture or walls, a little paint on our toes is all part of the fun. To make life easier I prepare our painting materials and paint before hand, I strip down Artie or he wears minimal clothing, we paint outside and for the time being we use washable paint. Then we clean up together before we move onto the next activity. He has complete freedom to enjoy the process. 


It sure makes me happy to hang his art up. The best way to decorate a house I do believe. 

2 comments:

Janine said...

Love it. I agree about the decorating - your pics and C's amd M's were all up and down our staircase in Wetziker.

Ben and Corinne said...

Very cute- I like Artie art.
The workbench is the cutest thing ever- I love that he already hammers an saws things and how careful he is when he does it!