Sunday 16 January 2011

handmade toy bus

More rainy day toddler activities. The other day Artie was bin diving, as he often is. It is not an activity we encourage, nor suggest, however our bin loving boy will often creep into a bin regardless. The point though is that he came out with the empty egg carton and was quite taken with it. So we gathered our supplies: some tape, two yellow milk bottle tops for lights, scissors, a couple of toilet rolls for wheels and our egg carton.
The end result a wonderful recycled bus. Artie loves putting little toys in and out of each 'seat'.


I think we are going to have to start a handy box soon. I think I have the most fun making things! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. I wish I was young enough to teach Prep again. Well done Denise and Artie:)