Tuesday 19 May 2009

toys

The other day Adam and I were out on a baby gear hunting expedition and stumbled across the most beautiful toy shop. It was filled with gorgeous wooden and natural toys, the whole place felt magical and got me very inspired for all the imaginative play our baby will be doing soon. After lusting over the wooden baby toys and gorgeous wooden music box I managed to resist buying anything. We still have to spend money on the essentials!

However I had no good reason not to create some of my own.
So without further ado, let me introduce you
to Mister Cow; and Misses Piggy.

The pattern comes from a magazine called "Irresistible Gifts to Knit" by Allen Dart. I love so many of the toys in this magazine and they are very satisfying to knit because they can be completed in one evening (although not so good for all my other, more ambitious, knitting projects which get pushed deeper down in the knitting basket- out of sight out of mind!). They are made from 100% Merino Wool- Patons Merino Totem, bought on sale because they are discontinued colours.
Now I have to get on and knit the rest of the barnyard crew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute :) You are doing so well with your knitting! xxx