Tuesday 5 May 2009

Moments

"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed." - Corita Kent
I am 30 weeks pregnant and amazed at how quickly time has been flying! How is it that we are already in the third trimester? I am guessing that time will continue to fly by when the little one joins us on the outside. With that in mind I am trying to remember to take moments to block out all the 'noise' and take time to enjoy the moments of pregnancy. I am finding time everyday to block out the books, advice (even the bank teller was telling me what I should have done before I got pregnant!), and any stress that can overwhelm and overtake my day. In these moments I try to just be with my baby and relax.

Some new developments I have been enjoying:
* The baby moving, not just poking and kicking. I can feel the limbs gliding across my inside.
* Adam and I talking to it nightly. Adam trying to whisper fatherly secrets and advice to it.
* People recognising that I am pregnant. I am showing enough now that strangers are willing to give up seats for me and students are bold enough to ask what the due date is.
* Continuing to go to regular yoga classes with a friend despite the fact that my movements are no longer very fluid.
*Rubbing my big round belly without even realising it.

The baby is:
* Loving this song. I turn it on and sing along and baby seems to dance along with me. (At least I like to think that baby is enjoying it and not trying to poke me to be quiet!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely, Denise. You and Adam look and sound as though you are really enjoying this pregnancy. I love the song. Is this a hint that you are having a girl? xxx

Nise said...

No hint! Unless the baby is telling me it is a girl without me realising it:)