Sunday 9 March 2008

I've always wanted to own a hobby farm

And now I have my first hobby farm, a worm farm! Corinne and Ben gave on to Mum and Dad for Christmas one year and I have been dreaming of owning my own ever since.


So this weekend we went off to our local Bunnings and picked one up, along with 500 little Wormies just like this one. Our first pets as a married couple:)

We have set it all up in a shady corner of our balcony. Now we just need to keep adding the waste and we should end up with some worm juice for our little plants. We are feeling very environmentally friendly and green.

And I added this photo just to make the view from our new balcony look a little more attractive then the top one! Although we see the shopping strip, and the trains, and the train lines we also get some wonderful sunset. Just behind all those shops is our beach and when the sun isn't shining in our eyes in the afternoons we get some great coloured skies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the worm farm. Ours needs cleaning out. It is supporting a lot more creatures than just worms! Yuk :q