Sunday 16 March 2008

come for a walk

In my parent's garden.

These photo's are from last September when we were back in Queensland for our wedding. I found them again when I was looking through my (seemingly endless) files of photos for a picture of Magic. Today was extremely hot. In fact it was the fourth extremely hot day we have had, this is Autumn! And even though Adam and I have had a lovely long hot weekend, swimming at the beach, watching movies, shopping in the city, the hot weather made me feel a little homesick for Queensland and family.

No matter where we were living Mum and Dad always made the garden lovely. Dad builds structures, bridges, dams, ponds and so on and so on. Mum plants, collects, tends and adds treasures. They both spend a lot of time outside creating and caring for the garden. I have always loved attempting photography in their garden.
So to squash homesickness join me on a wander.

And not to forget those loveable faces who are usually willing to come on the wander (or at least come outside to lay in the sun).
The ever photogenic Heidi.

The newest addition to the mob, Bob. I couldn't get him to stay still for a photo! He was either playing with something in the garden or smooching the camera.

And last but never least, the fabulous Roxy. Who was completely disinterested in having a photo. So much so I even had to chase her inside to get this one.

3 comments:

Ben and Corinne said...

Your blog is making me homesick too! I love the photo of Heidi...she always looks so lovely:)

Anonymous said...

Great photos, again, Nise. Roxy is starting to look like a pensioner these days.Your family has a lot of memories attached to these pets, seeing as they have lived so long(except for Bob, of course!). love Lal

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos darling. Great ones of the pets. Roxy is a pensioner - can't make it on the walk with us now. She has her own with Dad and then it's a longer one for us.xxxx