Friday 11 January 2008

new job=new bag

Because I have a new job I needed a new bag. It may only be a few shifts working over the holidays but I still thought it deserved a whole new bag. I am working for vacation care for a few days over the summer holiday. It sounds like a blast, my first shift is helping with a gymnastics workshop! Fun.

Anyway, the bag. I needed a bag that was big enough to carry sunscreen, a hat, a folder, towel and bathers and my lunch. I also wanted the bag to be slouchy and follow the shape of my body when not filled to the brim. Hence this design was born.
It is made from three different kinds of tablecloths all sourced from the op-shop. The old yellow tablecloth on the outside was embroidered by hand. I love the idea that someone worked hard on this and now it has been re-purposed, re-loved and is
back on display.

There is a zipper pocket for my wallet on one side for my wallet and keys.
And a few pockets on the other for pens, paper and a mobile phone.

Yes, I think a new job definitely deserves a new bag. It is so hot today, I am off to lie under the air-con and have a snooze. Tonight I am off to the city to meet Adam after work for some shopping, dinner and maybe a movie. The perfect opportunity to try out the new bag I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have made a great bag. I think it is lovely. Have fun at the movies. xxx

Lara said...

*drool*
i've been looking at cute bags on etsy all day, there should be more like this one :)
congrats on the new job!