Monday 7 January 2008

A Birthday Picnic

Some photos from Adam's 24th Birthday celebration. We had a picnic down at the beach after he finished work. It was beautiful and relaxing, we felt like we were on holidays for a few hours. We stayed down there until the last dregs of light disappeared. Played cards, Swam. Ate. Made wishes and blew out candles. It was so nice to spend a whole evening outside, enjoying nature. We didn't touch the computers or switch on the television, we just enjoyed being together and being outdoors.





As I could not really afford any presents this year I decided to plan a surprise picnic. I cooked and planned all day to include some of Adam's favourite foods. I also invented a special cupcake in honour of Adam's birthday. The cake was also invented partially because the recipe I was following didn't work out- but hey that is creative baking- right? So in honour of his day Adam recieved some "Adam's Upside down Cupcakes" with a lovely mish mash of ingredients. I am happy to say they were a success despite the initial failure.


We were even able to use a new picnic set we recieved as a wedding present for the first time. I think this might have to become a yearly tradition!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How lovely it all looks. Wish we had been there to share Adam's scrumptious birthday picnic. Good work with your cooking:) xxx