Monday 10 September 2007

in anticipation

Are you sick of all my wedding talk yet? Well I don't think it is about to stop for a little while yet :) With the long hours at work, my life revolves round school, chores, wedding planning and finding time to relax. Hence the topic 'du jour' is the wedding.

With all the wedding talk and excitment over our holiday I have been reminiscing about our engagement weekend and thought I would share the story. Adam surprised me last June (or was it July?Is it bad that I don't know?) I thought we were going camping in a communal cabin instead we "camped" in the most beautiful place I have ever stayed. Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat was private, luxurious and perfect.See that banner up there (man, that was hard to figure out and it is still need to work on it!) that was the view from our room.

On our first day we undertook the most difficult walk of our lives. We walked up a hill that was so steep we were on our hands and knees in some parts. See how sweaty I am? See how ecstatic I am to be three quarters of the way up! We were saying "we must be almost there" just before we reached the 'half-way there branch.' But boy was the view worth it. But that is not where the question was popped.


On our second day we went to the Natural Arch. It was beautiful but very crowded. Adam kept stalling and saying 'let's do the walk again after lunch.' I wasn't keen. This is where the question was going to be popped but due to the crowds was not.


Later the same day, we went on one of our retreats private walks and by a little creek, in the middle of the rainforest, alone, the question was popped. The answer was obvious. We both knew it was coming, Adam was the only one who knew it was coming on this holiday. It is hard when you have been with someone for so long, who you feel like you have grown up with and share everything with, to suddenly have a movie perfect moment. Adam was down on his knee, he said lovely and special things to me, but the long speech didn't happen. In a nature more true to us and our relationship I began laughing at the situation. I was happy, he was happy, we laughed, I swung on vines on the way back. It was just perfect.



Adam and I still look back at that long weekend holiday as our best ever. There are so many special memories there and it was by far the most stunning and peaceful place I have ever had the privilege to stay at. The proof? Here is another picture of view we woke up to every morning.

Ahh...bliss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, what a lovely and special proposal and in such beautiful
surrounds ,
see you soon!
Love Lal x

Anonymous said...

How romantic. Sounds just wonderful. And I do love those photos :-)xxxoooxxx