Monday 6 August 2007

growth

Since moving out of home I have realised just how much work our parents do for us. Helping us, cleaning for us, cooking for us, caring for us and loving us. Running a home is such a big task. Parents seem to know the answer to everything. There are still times in my new 'grown up' life, when I think "what is this?" or "what do I do with this?" even "is this okay to eat?"
For example tonight the onion had spurted a growth, like a tiny little city of skyscrapers. I thought about cutting around it, throwing it out and in the end decided to take a photo instead because it fascinated me. I know when I was living at home I could just ask mum or dad and they would have had all the answers (or at least it seemed that way;) I hope in a few more years I will have all the answers, until then I will continue to ponder the mysteries of the onion city growth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an artistic onion! I'm not sure what I would have done with it, but I do believe your Aunty K.would have made a juicy, chunky sandwich! Love Lalx

Anonymous said...

I think taking a photo of it was a good idea. Looks like it could be part of an art work. XXX Btw it is edible or you could have planted it before cutting it :-)