Sunday 20 May 2007

wedding bits and bobs

I have just been in Queensland for a fly in fly out visit. Yes, believe me it was very quick! And the reason? A wedding dress fitting! My dress is being made in Queensland by a very cool elderly lady. It is actually quite fun having her as my seamstress, even though I don't get to have many fittings because of distance. Getting changed in her old bedroom, looking in her old dressing table mirror,surrounded by her old photos; it is cute and feels comfortable. The dress is looking good but of course no sneak peeks are allowed!

So I am back in the wedding mood. A little more planning and dreaming has been happening. Which brings me to these shoes, how funky is this? I am loving the idea of green shoes for the bride. All my bridesmaids have been instructed to buy their own choice of shoes in any colour they like. So here is an example for you girls, I wish we could all go shopping together for them.
Also there is the matter of flowers. Ah, flowers. I have a book on loan from the library full of beautiful flowers. Oh so many choices. I love fluffy, vintage looking bunches and also more modern exotic ones. I love the peonies, the orchids, the tulips, the greenery. I don't think I will ever be able to decide between any of them!

And one more thing, while I am on the subject of the wedding; look what I found in a magazine on loan from the library. It is our bridesmaids dress. Third from the left (still full price!)

Happy dreaming, can't wait to celebrate the wedding with all our friends and family!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So lovely to have you home again, even for so short a vusut. The shoes look so cool, and flowers hust beautiful :-)

Anonymous said...

Woops! Typing skills have suddenly dteriorated :-|

Ben and Corinne said...

I love the shoe picture..very excited about shoe shopping! Flowers are gorgeous but ridiculously expensive...they're much cheaper over here for some reason.
Love Corinne:)