Tuesday 3 April 2007

24

Today I am 24. It is the first birthday I have had where I am not near friends and family (luckily I will be going to Queensland for a few days soon!) I have had some lovely love by mail, both snail and e-mail. So today I will take a day to do some creating and tonight there will be a fancy dinner and drinks and hopefully lots of chocolate!

I am excited about all the that comes with my 24th birthday. A new job, a marriage, the year I moved out of home and interstate, travelling overseas.

Here is a portrait I did of myself in watercolour yesterday while in a reflective mood. A way to capture myself as I am at 24.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DARLING DENISE. Is it really 24 years ago that you came into the world? On Easter Sunday too - much to the disgust of the doctors. Lol
XXXOOOXXX

Jess said...

Happy Birthday, Denise! I hope you've had a lovely day - and that the wishes for chocolate came true!

Anonymous said...

Nise, I love your self portrait but the subject looks a lot better in the flesh. See you, soon