Wednesday 28 March 2007

my kind of art...


I mentioned before that the Internet is such a great way to share you arts and thoughts. And I am just learning and discovering the possibilities.

One of my worries about teaching is that it can be so time consuming and tiring that I don't have time to engage in my own art. But then I came upon this site. This is the kind of art that I can do no matter where I am; in the class, walking to school, driving, in the kitchen anywhere. This reminds me of one of my all time favourite art books by artists Candy Jernigan. She collected evidence from her life and travels in her journals, and she is a beautiful illustrator. I always wanted to follow in her footsteps and create a journal like hers and now thanks to the wonderful Wreck This Journal website I have the motivation to do it and share it.

I have done a few similar projects in my uni days. These images are from a "coffee table" book I created for a painting unit. It was called "the worst home renovator's guide to home renovations." I scrubbed paint and dirt in wallpaper, piled paint in glasses and on book, spray painted wallpaper, made wallpaper from newspaper and covered a room and generally had fun making a mess. I then turned it into a pretty book.


So without further ado, the first pages from my 'Wreck This Journal' journal. Evidence from my kitchen...

It is fun to be free and not worry about looking pretty. If you are into this kind of art check out abject art

More inspirational Wreck this Journal images here

No comments: