Tuesday 13 March 2007

A draw with a story



This draw contains the travel books, the books about the place we are going on honeymoon for almost three weeks. This would not be so unusual except that I have no idea where we are going. Hubby-to-be is planning the whole thing and it is a surprise. I am not going to know until we arrive at the airport and check in.

This surprise is under constant threat. The first threat being that I am home ALL day, until i start work. Home ALL day alone while Adam is at work. I have shown amazing restraint and not peeked, although sometimes the temptation is unbearable. I clean around the draw, I place newly ironed clothes on top of the pile of clothes in the draw hiding the books, I make the bed with the draw staring at me, but I haven't peeked...I swear!

The second threat stems from the fact that this will be Adam's first overseas trip. Sometimes he is so excited he can hardly contain the secret. He will be in the bedroom planning and come out to talk, just itching to tell me something or ask me something. So far he has also shown great restraint in not blurting it out in a moment of great excitment.

The third threat, and possibly most dangerous, is my constant demand for clues and hints. Adam had to give in and let me ask one question a month. My first question was unfortunately wasted...I asked "should I pack socks?" the answer was "yes"
A terrible waste I know :(

Needless to say we are both very excited. Let's see if it stays a secret...I will keep you up dated on my clues and post the new hints each month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! how exciting for you Denise. I am sure you will worm it out of him or maybe not if you want to keep it a surprise. Lol xoxox

Anonymous said...

Go on have a look...you need to bring the right clothes after all... Corinne :)

Anonymous said...

Dont look!!!
(you show amazing restraint..so far) xxx