Friday 17 December 2010

Knitting- New Zealand

Just before we left for New Zealand I finished knitting my first shawl. It was a very easy garter stitch pattern. I liked the way it turned out and it was very handy on cold beaches. However, I didn't notice until looking at the photos that there is obviously a different dye lot in there. See that very obvious pink stripe? Never mind, let's just pretend that it's supposed to be there shall we.






My lovely purple shawl got quite a bit of use at Ruby Bay. We stayed at Clayridge Cottages, right near the very cool beach at Mapua. Artie loved exploring the gardens there, visiting the Llamas and riding on the tractor.





2 comments:

Ben and Corinne said...

The shawl is awesome- I like the stripe, it gives it an edge. I'd like one for Winter next year please:) The photos are so lovely and Artie looks so cute in his little outfit- I love how he is always staring at the ocean. Only 2.5 weeks until we fly home! If we make it through the new blizzard thats just kicked up! Cxxx

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on the shawl.It looks cosy and warm. xxx