Saturday 14 August 2010

Painting

Nan and Gran have a birthday this week. Happy Birthday to you both!
Artie and I decided to make them a present. 
We prepared the materials: 
::A tray
::A paintbrush
::Some non-toxic paint mixed in water
::A few small bottle lids to hold the paint and water (only a small amount needed as Artie likes to make a mess!)
::A couple of non-toxic crayons
::Watercolour paper, taped to the tray
We kept the materials minimal so that Arthur could just have fun experimenting with sensory play. 

After we cleaned up, I got to have some fun. I cut out sections of the paintings that I liked. Arranged them on a card and used the sewing machine around the edges. Now we are off to deliver a card, with Artie's first painting on the front, to Nan and Gran.
I am going to keep one for myself too. I think it fits beautifully in our home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a clever boy and what a clever Mum. I love the card. thank you very much :)

Ben and Corinne said...

Hehe, that's very cute- love the serious expression on his face!