Thursday 19 August 2010

How does your garden grow?

Very slowly. It would seem. But you have to keep trying. Right? The herbs are still a dismal affair but I have hope for the tomatoes, which do seem to be getting bigger. I am trying to grow them hanging upside down in buckets. So far I have high hopes. Artie and I visit them everyday and give them love and encouragement. Cross your fingers for us! I had a great frame made for the buckets to hang from but unfortunately it was not strong enough to survive the high winds we had the other say. So now they are hanging on branches in the barren and farthest corners of our yard. Until I have the time to make a stronger frame this is where they will stay. 
We did yield the smallest potatoes. I dug them up the other day. They are tiny. Artie loves them though and carries them all around the yard. I might try and steam them up for him one night, they are just the right size.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are having fun gardening and making Artie into a little gardener. I know it can be frustrating but so rewarding when things go right. Keep up the good work. xxx