Tuesday 18 August 2009

a painting

I started a painting for Mums birthday before Artie was born. I finished almost all of it before Mum arrived I just had the doll and pram to go. So it was a bit late getting to her and I wanted to do a bit more on the pram and doll but I like it none-the-less. It has been quite awhile since I have painted and it was a lot of fun to have this project to work on. The painting was based on a gorgeous photo of Mum when she was a little girl (I will post the photo later, I think I am pushing my luck with Artie's nap at the moment!). I wanted it to look like it belonged in a story book because the photo is pretty magical.

And just because I have one of the cutest babies on earth living with me at the moment here are some photos of Arthur. Here he is sharing the Ipod with Mum. We are listening to Matchbox 20 and the Juno soundtrack in case you are wondering.

And one of Artie in his favourite spots. Right up against Mum in the sling. How cute is he when he's asleep:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love the painting,'Nise. It does look like a picture book illustration. It's a lovely present. Thank you. Artie looks so peaceful. xxx