Thursday 3 January 2008

Hello


Hello:)

I was trying to clean up my computer files to start the new year nice and clean and fresh (a huge job that I am nowhere near to finishing!) and I found some photos from the wedding. Our wedding was beautiful and fun but a very, very busy time. I was making and organising so much that by the time it was over I needed a break from it all. hence the thank you cards took a few months to get into peoples hand...and if you are still waiting I am sorry but it will come eventually just know how much you all were appreciated- truly!

Anyway the point of the story is I think I am ready to share these last few bits and pieces with you. The above photo is from my hens night. The night before the wedding the girls took me to a hotel in Brisbane city. They baked, bought me chocolate and read me a poem, it was very sweet and a great night.

Here are our weddding favours. Hand made bookmarks using all scrap materials that I had lying around or that my students had thrown in the bin. We also adopted some land in honour of our wedding day from Australian Rainforest Foundation. Adam and I were engaged in the rainforest, we love being outdoors and therefore it seemed a fitting gift and a good way to spend the money we had put aside for favours. This way we can help preserve a bit of Australia for our future children and our guests' future children and grandchildren.








Lastly I want to show you these thank yous I made for the bridesmaids. In keeping with the nature/rainforest/bug theme of the wedding I painted each girl a small canvas with a creature of some sort crawling on it and the date of the wedding. They each also received a bought necklace, each one different, they looked very cool on the day with their mismatched jewellery. The paintings were challenging. I haven't painted with acrylics for so long and enjoyed trying to master the paint and the finer details.

Anyway, back to cleaning up those files...it may end up being a job for the start of 2009 at this rate :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing so much with us. It was a wonderful wedding and all the preparations were fun and a great learning curve. Love you both. xxx