Thursday 8 November 2007

Rapallo

Okay, we are almost at the end. Hope you are enjoying the trip. It is taking me longer then I imagined to go through ALL the photos I took! I am enjoying drawing it out though, because it means I have longer to remember before I have to admit it is really over.

Day 14
Rapallo. We loved Rapallo. It was beautiful, the drive there was even beautiful. We went for a drive over Santa Margherita way however there are no photos because all our energy was put into predicting whether or not a car was going to come around the corner and smash into us. One scary drive!
Our hotel was right on the beach.



Day 15:
A day trip to Cinque Terre. The Cinque Terre are five coastal villages in the province of La Spezia. The villages are: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, Riomaggiore. Adam and I walked between each one. It took 5 hous to walk from Monterosso to the last village, Riomaggiore (and that five hours included a lunch and gelati stop, so we did pretty well!). The walk was very steep (especially between the first to villages) and very tiring. Up and down the mountainside. It was also one of the best things I have ever done. It was awesome.





And when we couldn't see one of the villages, we just got to look out at miles and miles of this. Pretty nice, wouldn't you say?




We also had two fabolous meals in Rapallo. We had a Chinese meal (again we needed a break from all that pasta and pizza) it was very good and the cheapest meal we have had in Italy. On our last night we had the most fancy meal we had all trip. A nice restaurant, with a nice waiter (which can be a rare thing to find in Italy) and a nice view over the sea.

3 comments:

Ben and Corinne said...

These pictures are awesome Nise, the walk looks fantastic! I'm going to have to go and do it too one day:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! really awesome,'Nise. Do you thnk Dad and I could do that walk at the Cinque Terre? Fab photos again :) xxx

Nise said...

I am sure you could with all the walking you two do. All you need is a few stops and a big bottle of water...and if all else fails you can catch the train or bus from any of the towns and skip the walk ;)