Tuesday 30 October 2007

Venice

Day 8 and 9:

What can I say about Venice that will possibly describe it adequately? I didn't expect to love Venice so much. Everyone loves Venice, everyone says it is the most magical place- so I thought it was all just a lot of hype. How wrong I was. Venice is like a fairytale. Streets made of water, cute and colourful houses, expensive and chic shops and so many boats.

Adam and I filled up every spare minute, in Venice, exploring Venice. We walked from one end to the other, we sat and watched the boats and gondolas, we windowshopped and bought a couple of treaures.

I will let the photos do the rest of the talking:
Adam on the boat ride to our B&B.

The Rialto Bridge: one of only four bridges spanning the Grand Canal.





The streets are made of water and the washing hangs from windows to dry.

The best restaurant! we went here on our second night and the food was reasonably priced and to die for. I had hand made gnocchi Adam had lamb and both just melted in our mouths. I said I will never be able to have gnocchi again because nothing will ever compare. I was talking about it for days and days after! I am watering at the mouth just thinking about it now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Nise, Venice is magical! Love your photos. My mouth is watering listening to your description of the food at that lovely restaurant!
Lal x

Nise said...

Thanks Lal, it was beautiful,
I would love to take you to that restaurant. It was just perfect! xox

Anonymous said...

Love those pics of Venice. The restaurant looks fab. and the food sounds yummy. xox